General Motors dexos® Licensing Program
Specifically designed to meet the needs of GM gasoline engines
- Improved viscometric properties, creating less friction in the engine, which contributes to improved fuel economy.
- Resists aeration, which enables fuel-saving devices, such as Variable Valve Timing, to work optimally.
- Offers improved protection against oxidation and deposits, allowing emission control systems to operate better.
- Resists degradation between oil changes, extending the time and mileage interval between oil changes.
Specifically designed to meet the needs of GM light-duty diesel engines*
- Protects diesel engines from harmful soot deposits.
- Designed with limits on certain chemical components to prolong catalyst life and protect expensive emission reduction systems.
- Resists degradation between oil changes and maintains optimum performance longer.
* dexos is recommended by GM for use in all its vehicles except those
with Duramax diesel engines requiring the use of API CK-4 (or previous CJ-4)
engine oil. Always refer to the Owner's Manual for specific details on
the recommended engine oil.